Rate this Blog:
Rating : 0
If you're short on time and hungry and trying to follow a keto-friendly style of eating, these delicious keto and low-carb dishes are easy to make so you can quickly get a good meal on the table. (Above photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels)
Broccoli Mushroom "Fried Rice” Recipe
Try one of these easy keto diet recipes for beginners.
· 2 cups florets broccoli · 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms · One teaspoon avocado oil · One minced garlic clove · 1 Tbsp. coconut · 1/4 cup almonds, chopped · 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro · One teaspoon onion powder · One teaspoon pink Himalayan salt · Three scallions stalks, diced · One lime peeled and sliced into wedges
1. Place the broccoli florets in a food processor and process them until they are "rice-like" in texture. 2. Put the avocado oil in a large stir-fry pan or wok over medium heat. Allow the broccoli, mushrooms, and garlic to simmer for about 10 minutes. 3. Combine the coconut aminos, onion powder, almonds and salt in a mixing bowl. 4. Cook for about three minutes or until the flavors are well blended. 5. Take it off the heat and sprinkle mixture with onions and cilantro.
Breakfast Green Avocado Smoothie
· ½ medium avocado · ¼ cup frozen raspberries · ¼ cup crushed ice · ½ cup fresh spinach · ½ cup milk (almond, soy, coconut, flax) · 1 teaspoon vanilla extract · 1 Tablespoon MCT oil · 2 Tablespoons (or to taste) granulated low carb sweeteners like monk fruit or stevia
1. Chop the avocado into small square pieces and remove the pit. 2. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. 3. Serve or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
· Two Tablespoons vegetable oil · Two onions, yellow (spiral strips) · Four small zucchinis (spiral strips) dried with a paper towel · 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium) · 2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce (low sodium) · 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Put the oil and onions in a wok and heat over medium heat. 2. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent and soft. 3. Add the zucchini and simmer for another 2 minutes. 4. Stir in the low sodium soy sauce, low sodium teriyaki sauce, and sesame seeds. 5. Cook for another five minutes or until the zucchini is soft. 6. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. 7. You can also add sliced cherry tomatoes or walnuts during the last stage of cooking or just before serving.
Creamy Cauliflower Salad
· One cauliflower head, sliced into florets · 1 Tablespoon vegan mayonnaise · 1/4 cup tofu, chopped · A couple of tablespoons of Dijon mustard · 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar · 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt · Two celery stalks, chopped · Two teaspoons chopped fresh dill · Two sliced green onion stalks
1. Place a steaming basket in a big pot and partially fill pot with water; heat to a boil. 2. Cook the cauliflower florets in the steamer basket until soft. 3. Take out of the steamer and set aside. 4. Combine the vegan mayonnaise, tofu, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and salt in a mixing bowl. 5. Gently stir in the cauliflower, celery, green onion and dill. Serve immediately.
Keto Broccoli & Leek Soup
· One leek, only the white section, sliced · One garlic clove, coarsely chopped · Three tablespoons almond butter · Two medium broccoli heads, cut into evenly sized florets · ½ cup coconut cream · 2 ½ cups vegetable broth · One teaspoon of table salt · One teaspoon black pepper · One tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Place the sliced white half of the leek in a big pot. 2. Combine the almond butter and garlic in a mixing bowl. 3. Sauté the leeks over low heat until they begin to soften. 4. Stir in the coconut cream. 5. Place the broccoli in a saucepan. Pour in the vegetable stock and stir to combine. 6. Cover the broccoli with a lid or foil and cook for 8 minutes on low to medium heat. 7. Broccoli is ready when it is soft. 8. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the soup until there are no lumps. 9. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley, and taste for seasoning.
These keto-friendly recipes will satisfy your hunger any time of the day. Give one a try and let us know which one is your favorite.