Zucchini and Corn Pasta SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This dish highlights summer vegetables zucchini and corn along with feta cheese which adds some tang to the salad.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 12 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Like many pasta salads, this one can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to eat, which will allow the flavors to combine even further.
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: May 20, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 pounds - shell pasta
- 7 tablespoons - olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves - garlic, minced
- 1 pounds - zucchini (about 2 medium), quartered lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups - (about 10 ounces) frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 - to 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 2 tablespoons - apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons - sugar
- 3 - to 4 ounces crumbled feta, or to taste
- - Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring large pot of well-salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Once pasta is cooked, drain, rinse under cold water to cool completely and set aside.
While pasta is in process, place another pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of oil and the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add zucchini and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add corn, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook until zucchini is tender but still bright green. Remove from heat and set aside.
In small bowl or jar, combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, vinegar and sugar and whisk or shake well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more lime juice if desired.
Add vegetables and feta to pasta and toss with dressing. Taste and adjust with additional salt and pepper or lime to taste.