Wild Mushroom RisottoTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This risotto works well with any mix of mushrooms
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: May 19, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 - White Onion minced
- 4 cups - Vegetable Stock warm
- 1 1/2 cups - Arborio Rice
- 1 cups - Dry White Wine
- 1 leaves - Bay Leaf
- 1/3 cups - Aged Cheddar grated
- 1/3 cups - Aged Gouda grated
- 2 ounces - Brie rind removed
- 2 tablespoons - Creme Fraiche
- - Chopped Chives for garnish
- 4 cups - Mixed Mushrooms
- 1 cups - Spring Onions or scallions white part only, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons - Olive Oil
- - Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400. Clean mushrooms and pat dry. Slice mushrooms vertically from base to cap.
2) Toss sliced mushrooms and spring onions or scallioins with 3 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, or until slightly browned. Meanwhile, bring stock to a low simmer.
3) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat butter, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and minced onion. Cook over medium heat until onionn is translucent, about 3 minutes.
4) Add rice and cook with onion for about a minute. Add wine and bay leaf. Stir until wine is reduced by half. Add enough hot stock to cover rice. Stirring constantly, gradually add more stock. When rice is cooked to your liking, add roasted mushrooms and spring onions, cheeses and creme fraiche, stirring over low heat until fully absorbed. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.