Whipped Sweet Potato CasseroleTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Sweet Potato Casserole with Mini Marshmallows Vegan Option
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
For Vegan Option: substitute Smart Balance Light or Earth's Balance for Butter If starting the day before: add oven time and leave off marshmallows until last 10 min.
Posted By: mleenhouts
Posted On: Nov 21, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 6 pounds - Sweet Potato Peeled & Cubed
- 3/8 cups - Orange Juice
- 2 1/4 cups - Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons - Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons - Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons - Butter Cubed
- 3 cups - Miniature Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large saucepan cook sweet potatoes in salted water over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until done. Drain, and add orange juice, brown sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and butter. Whip until smooth. Spread into a medium size casserole dish and top with marshmallows.
3. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.