Warm Mushroom Salad with Aged Cheddar and WalnutsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Sautéed mushrooms in white wine sauce served over winter greens with vinaigrette, aged cheddar and walnuts.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 12 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 19, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - (15 mL) butter
- 1 cloves - garlic peeled, lightly crushed
- 3 cups - (750 mL) mixed mushrooms (prefer equal mix of cremini, oyster and shiitake) thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons - (5 mL) fresh thyme finely chopped
- - pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons - (5 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cups - (50 mL) dry white wine
- - pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoons - (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons - (5 mL) white wine vinegar (sherry or red wine vinegar will also do)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - (22 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups - (1 L) winter greens (arugula, escarole, romaine, red leaf lettuce or others) torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cups - (50 mL) aged white cheddar finely crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - (22 mL) walnuts coarsely chopped
In a large sauté pan heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic clove and cook for 1 minute.
Add mushrooms, thyme and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften and release their water.
Add soy sauce and white wine and continue sautéing for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms become golden. Discard garlic clove. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Add greens and toss with vinaigrette; taste a leaf and adjust seasoning. If needed add another drizzle of oil or vinegar.
Divide greens on 2 plates, top each with warm mushrooms and sprinkle with cheddar and walnuts.