Warm Mediterranean Chickpea SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Fantastic on its own, served warm over a bed of fresh, mild greens such as butter lettuce or mache, or scooped up with warm pitas. Leftovers make great lunch-box fare.
Prep Time: 5 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: CHL
Posted On: Jul 21, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 6 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 - red onion sliced thin into half moons
- 2 cans - chickpeas (garbanzos) rinsed, drained, 15 oz. ea.
- 2 jars - marinated artichoke hearts drained, coarsely chopped, 6.5 oz. each
- 2/3 cups - kalamata olives pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 - lemons
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Once hot, add onions and chickpeas and cook just until chickpeas are heated through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and olives and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
2. Halve lemons crosswise. Set one half aside. Juice remaining 1-1/2 lemons into chickpea mixture, straining out seeds. Cut reserved lemon half lengthwise into quarters; then cut each quarter crosswise into paper-thin slices. Toss lemon slices and remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil with chickpea mixture. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.