Veggie Salmon ChowderTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
An eclectic mix of vegetables, a delicious and easy way to use up the odds and ends in the fridge at the end of the week.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Originally published as Veggie Salmon Chowder in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p39
1-1/4 cup equals 202 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Jan 25, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 1 - medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cups - reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cups - fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 - small onion chopped
- 2 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups - fresh spinach torn
- 1/2 cups - flaked smoked salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoons - pickled jalapeno slices chopped
- 1 tablespoons - cornstarch
- 1/2 cups - 2% milk
- 1 tablespoons - minced fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan, combine the sweet potato, chicken broth, corn, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and then simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender.
Stir in the spinach, salmon and jalapeno; cook 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cilantro and pepper.