Vegetables a la GrecqueTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Blanched vegetable salad with dressing; refrigerated overnight before serving.
Prep Time: 530 min(s)
Cook Time: 7 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 05, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 7 - medium carrots peeled, cut into thin round slices
- - salt
- 2 - large zucchini ends removed, cut into rounds
- 1 - medium eggplant peeled, cubed
- 2/3 cups - olive oil
- 1/4 cups - white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons - mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoons - tarragon
- 1 teaspoons - chervil
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 pounds - mushrooms sliced
- - lettuce leaves for serving
Blanch carrots in boiling water for 2 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water.
Generously salt zucchini and eggplant; let stand on paper towel for 30 minutes. Pat dry.
Mix oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard seeds, tarragon, chervil and salt in a medium saucepan; heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
Mix carrots, eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms. Pour warm dressing over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate over night.
Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.