Vegan AlfredoTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Alfredo sauce made with cauliflower, seasonings, and almond milk; great for serving over zucchini noodles with grilled chicken.
Category: Sauces and marinades
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Mar 21, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 1 heads - cauliflower chopped
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 cloves - garlic minced or smashed
- 2 teaspoons - pine nuts
- 2 1/4 cups - almond milk
- 2 teaspoons - each of salt, pepper, oregano and basil
- - juice from half a lemon
- 5 tablespoons - nutritional yeast
- 4 - zucchini (spiraled into noodles) optional, for serving with
- 4 - grilled or broiled chicken breasts optional, for serving with
In a medium-sized pot, place olive oil, garlic and pine nuts over medium heat, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until garlic is golden brown.
Add in the almond milk and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and add in the cauliflower and spices. Cook until cauliflower is soft (about 8 minutes or so).
Transfer to a sturdy blender; add lemon juice and nutritional yeast and blend on high speed until smooth.
Serve over zucchini noodles, gluten-free pasta, or with your favorite cooked chicken or fish for a delicious meal.
For zucchini noodles: toss zucchini strips with some salt and let sit in colander for 30 minutes to drain. Then bring pot of water to boil, and cook noodles in it for one minutes. Drain and rinse noodles immediately with cold water. If desired, heat a skillet and melt butter in it, adding noodles and cook until just-tender for about 5 minutes.