Tuxedo CakeTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Tuxedo Cake by KRAFT
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 60 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: RobertsFamily
Posted On: Jun 27, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 packages - Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 packages - JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cups - Milk
- 1 1/2 packages - PHILEDELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cups - Butter softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups - Powdered Sugar
- 3 ounces - BAKER'S Semi-sweet Chocolate divided
- 1 ounces - BAKER'S White Chocolate
- 4 ounces - Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Make It Cake Prep: for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers, use parchment paper
Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package
Blend dry pudding mix and milk into batter before pouring into prepared pans. (Batter will be thick.) Cool cakes 10 min. and remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely
Frosting and Chocolate Curls:
Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.
Gradually beat in sugar.
Make chocolate curls from 1 oz. each semi-sweet and white chocolates (see tip); refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut each cake layer horizontally in half.
Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting between each layer.
Spread remaining frosting onto top and side of cake
Microwave COOL WHIP and remaining semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Cool 5 min. Pour over cake, letting excess drip down side. Garnish with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.