Turkey Sausage Soup with Fresh VegetablesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Make up this easy soup in the crock pot while playing with the kids or grandkids.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 360 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
1-1/3 cup equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: Jan 22, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 - large sweet red or green pepper chopped
- 8 - green onions chopped
- 4 cups - chicken stock
- 1 cans - (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoons - seasoned salt
- 1/3 cups - minced fresh basil
- 1 packages - (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links casings removed
- 3 - large tomatoes chopped
- 1 cans - (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 - medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups - cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 - medium zucchini quartered lengthwise and sliced
In a large skillet, cook the turkey sausage over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbled pieces; drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Add tomatoes, beans, carrots, green beans, zucchini, pepper and green onions.
In a large bowl, whisk together the stock, tomato paste and seasoned salt; pour over vegetables. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Just before serving, stir in basil.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little stock if necessary.