Truffle and Vegetable PastaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Fall treasure with black truffles and pasta
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cgurley
Posted On: Oct 24, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 - Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 cups - Boiling Water
- 1 sticks - Butter
- 1/8 - Black Truffles
- 1/2 cups - Broccoli Rabe Florets
- 1/2 cups - Brussells Sprouts
- 1 pounds - Fresh Tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons - Olive Oil
- 1 - Small Shallot
- 1 tablespoons - Chives
- 1/2 cups - Grated Parmesan
- - Sea Salt and White Pepper
1.Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Place dried porcini in a small bowl and submerge in 1 cup boiling water. Cover and let soak 10 minutes.
2. Make truffle butter: Pour porcini water through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan and press on mushrooms to release liquid. Simmer liquid over medium heat until it reduces to 1/3 cup, about 3 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and, whisking constantly, incorporate butter one piece at a time into broth. The mixture should lighten and increase in volume. Take the saucepan off the burner and check to make sure sauce is just warm to the touch. Stir in truffles.
4. In a food processor, blend truffle butter until creamy, about 10 seconds.
5. In the pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli rabe until bright green and al dente, about 30 seconds. Remove and repeat with Brussels sprouts.
6. Bring water back up to a rolling boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente, about 3 minutes, then drain.
7. While pasta cooks, set a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Swirl in oil and add shallot. Once shallot is soft and translucent, add truffle butter. Once mixture starts to bubble, add cooked pasta and vegetables. Sauté for 30 seconds, tossing to coat with sauce. Add chives and Parmesan and toss for another 30 seconds. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
8. Distribute pasta among four bowls. Spoon extra sauce over each and garnish with truffle shavings, if you like.