Tomato-Herb PastaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Turn this zesty side dish into a hearty entree by adding cooked shrimp or chicken.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 10, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 cups - rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1/2 - medium red onion thinly sliced
- 12 ounces - Whole grain spaghetti
- 2 - medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 - large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 - green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cups - Fresh mint leaves chopped; firmly packed
- 1/3 cups - fresh cilantro leaves chopped; firmly packed
- 1/4 cups - fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons - canola oil
- 1 teaspoons - sugar
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cups - chopped peanuts
1. Whisk together vinegar and 1 Tbsp sugar in a bowl. Add onion and let stand 30 minutes; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp vinegar mixture.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. Place chopped tomatoes and next 9 ingredients in a serving bowl. Add hot cooked pasta, onion and reserved vinegar mixture, gently tossing to coming. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.