Tomato and Peach SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Salt in feta makes a nice counterpoint to the sweet tomatoes and peaches
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
WSJ Off Duty, 7/7/2012, from Chef Johnny Monis, Komi and Little Serow, Washington, DC
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Jul 08, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 slices - White Bread crusts removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cups - Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 6 tablespoons
- - Salt to taste
- 2 ears - Fresh Corn shucked
- 4 - Ripe Heirloom Tomatoes 2 pounds; use variety of colors
- 4 - Large Ripe Peaches 1.5-2 pounds
- 1/2 cups - Red Onion or Shallot thinly sliced
- 3/4 cups - Sheep's Milk Feta crumbled
1) If serving sald with warm breadcrumbs, pulse bread in food processor until it breaks down into large coarse crumbs. In a medium skillet set over medium heat, warm 1/2 cup oil. Once warm, add breadcrumbs and gently toast until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer crumbs to paper-towel-lined plate and season with salt.
2) Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, slice corn kernels off the cob.
3) Core tomatoes and pit peaches. Slice both into like-size wedges. Place in large bowl with onion slivers and corn kernels. Season with salt.
4) Add 6 tablespoons oil. Toss to combine.
5) Distribute salad among four plates. Crumble feta over each serving. Drizzle some dressing left in bottom of bowl over each plate. Scatter breadcrumbs over top and serve.