Tilapia with Black Beans and CornTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Saute tilapia fillets and top with black bean and corn mixture.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 8 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Low-Fat Heart-Healthy Diabetic Paleo
Per serving: Calories - 275; Total fat - 10g; Sat. fat - 2g; Cholesterol - 45mg; Sodium - 575mg; Carbs - 21g; Dietary fiber - 6g; Sugars - 3g; Protein - 26g
Posted By: buspro
Posted On: Feb 17, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1 cans - (15 oz each) black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cans - (10 oz each) Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 1 cups - frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cups - sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 tablespoons - cider vinegar
- 4 - tilapia fillets thawed (if frozen), 4 fillets = about 1 lb.
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
Stir together first 6 ingredients to make black bean-corn mixture; set aside.
Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fillets with salt, place in skillet and cook 3 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F).
Place fillets on plates and top each with about 3/4 cup black bean-corn mixture.
Tip for Thawing Fish:
To thaw fish more quickly, place wrapped fish in container of cold tap water and change water every 20 to 30 minutes. Individually wrapped fillets will thaw more quickly than pieces frozen together.