Texas-Style ChiliTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Make this chili a day or two ahead of time, or make a big batch and freeze for later; serve it to a crowd and make party planning easy.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 135 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Cook chili in a Dutch oven, if you have one; the flavor difference is remarkable. Per serving of 1-1/4 cups: 515 calories, 44.7 g protein, 23.9 g fat, 24.1 g carbohydrates, 6.3 g dietary fiber, 1,514 mg sodium, 11.5 g sugar, 139 mg cholesterol
Posted By: mssavy
Posted On: Dec 30, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - vegetable oil
- 3 - medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves - garlic crushed
- 2 pounds - sirloin steak cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 cans - 28 oz. tomatoes undrained
- 1 cans - 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cans - 4 oz. chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons - chili powder
- 1 tablespoons - cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 6 - whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoons - cayenne pepper or to taste
1. In a Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cubed beef and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chilies, chili powder, cumin, salt, cloves and cayenne.
4. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.