Texas Pecan Praline Root Beer FloatTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Wonderful ice cream float. AND a good praline recipe as well!!!
HEB Root Beer Pure Cane Sugar Soft Drink; HEB Creamy Creations 1905 Vanilla Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Nov 04, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 cups - Brown sugar
- 1 cups - Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cups - Butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups - Pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoons - Vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoons - Cinnamon
- 1/2 cups - Shredded coconut
- - HEB Root Beer Pure Cane Sugar Soft Drinks
- - HEB Creamy Creations 190 Vanilla Ice Cream
- - HEB Whipped Topping
1. Spread a large sheet of foil on counter, spray w/ nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Or, for perfectly shaped pralines, line a cupcake tin w/ paper liners and spray w/ nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place 5 Tbsp. of water in a 2-qt. saucepan and heat until boiling. To the boiling water add brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Boil 2 min. or until mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
3. Quickly remove from heat and add pecans, vanilla, cinnamon an coconut; stir mixture 15-30 seconds. Immediately drop by spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet or into cupcake tins and let cool. Once cool, serve as pralines or crush and use as a topping.
4. To assemble ice cream float: Fill a glass halfway w/ root beer, add two scoops vanilla ice cream and a dollop of whipped topping. Top w/ praline pieces.