Tabbouleh with WatermelonTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Watermelon replaces the traditional tomato in this Middle Eastern salad, giving a burst of sweetness; goat cheese provides creamy contrast.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 5 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 09, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/4 cups - water
- - coarse salt
- 3/4 cups - bulgur
- 8 ounces - watermelon (about 1/2 small melon) peeled, coarsely chopped to make 1-1/2 cups
- 2/3 cups - coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 - scallions thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 teaspoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons - finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 2 - soft goat cheese crumbled
Bring water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in bulgur and remove from heat.
Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let stand, uncovered, until cooled about 15 to 30 minutes.
Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with watermelon, parsley, scallions, oil, lemon zest and juice along with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Gently fold in goat cheese.