Sweet Potato CasseroleTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Perfect for the holidays! This recipe has been in my family for three generations. The casserole topping adds a special touch to the sweet potatoes that will leave your family wanting MORE!
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
You can use canned sweet potatoes instead of fresh. Use 1-2 cans, depending on how many servings you will need.
Posted By: theresahissong
Posted On: Jul 14, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 5 whole - Sweet Potatoes Cubed and boiled until soft
- 1 cups - Sugar
- 2 whole - Eggs Slightly beaten
- 1 sticks - Margrine Melted
- 1 cups - Milk
- 1 teaspoons - Vanilla
- 1 cups - Brown Sugar (packed) **For Topping**
- 1 cups - Self-Rising Flour **For Topping**
- 1 cups - Chopped Pecans **For Topping**
- 1 sticks - Margrine, Melted **For Topping**
- 1 cups - Marshmallows **For Topping**
b Combine first 6 ingredients, stir. (Make sure your eggs are not beaten completely. I usually mix everything but the eggs. Crack the eggs into the mixture and break yolks. Stir them until they look like striped through the mix.) Pour into a 13 x 9 casserole dish (Spray with cooking spray first)
Combine sugar, flour, and pecans. Drizzle in margarine to make sticky chunks. Use a fork to drop small amounts on top of casserole (as it melts it will spread) Fill in spots with marshmallows. As dish cooks, the topping and marshmallows will melt together.
Bake @350 for 30 minutes or until topping is melted.