Sweet and Sour ColeslawTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Aug 13, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds - Red or green cabbage (or combination), about 1/2 medium head Finely shredded, sliced or chopped
- 1 whole - Large carrot Peeled & grated
- 1/2 cups - Sugar
- 2 teaspoons - Kosher salt (or 1 tsp table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoons - Celery seed
- 6 tablespoons - Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cups - Rice wine vinegar
- - Ground black pepper, to taste
Toss cabbage and carrot w/ sugar, salt & celery seed in a colander set over medium bowl. Let stand until cabbine wilts, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Pour liquid out of bowl; rinse bowl and dry. Transfer drained, wilted cabbage and carrot to bowl.
Add oil & vinegar; toss to coat. Season w/ pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.