Stuffed Cabbage SoupTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Ground beef with cabbage and tomatoes in a beef broth base with rice.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 60 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Per Serving: Calories 159 (17% from fat), Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 248 mg, Fiber 3 g, Carbohydrates 18 g, Protein 15 g.
Posted By: email@example.com
Posted On: Jan 22, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - lean ground beef 93% to 96% lean
- - salt to taste
- 1 - large white onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves - garlic peeled, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried thyme
- 2 cans - (14.5 oz. each) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cans - (8 oz. each) regular or no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 5 cups - unsalted beef broth or stock
- 4 cups - chopped green cabbage
- - freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cups - cooked brown rice
In a large soup pot set over high heat, season the ground beef with salt and cook, using a potato masher to break the meat into small pieces as it browns.
Drain any fat from the pot and reduce heat to medium low. Add the onion, garlic, paprika and thyme and cook until onions are soft, 5-7 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef stock and cabbage, and season with remaining salt and black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until the cabbage is soft, about 35 minutes.
Add the cooked brown rice and simmer for 5 more minutes before ladling soup into 8 serving bowls to serve.