Stuffed Anaheim or Poblano PeppersTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Southwest style stuffed peppers with a creamy taco seasoned filling of chicken, black beans, corn, salsa and cheese.
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
These were so good - with poblano peppers; haven't tried it with Anaheim peppers.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: May 07, 2023
Number of Servings:
- 2 - Anaheim or poblano peppers, cut in half with seeds and membrane removed
- 1 cups - shredded or diced rotisserie or cooked chicken
- 1 cups - corn
- 1 cups - black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cups - salsa
- 2 tablespoons - taco seasoning
- 6 ounces - cream cheese, at room tempreature
- 1 cups - grated cheddar cheese
- - sour cream, optional, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
If you don't have rotisserie chicken, flatten and cook some chicken cutlets, seasoned with chili powder and cumin and salt and pepper; then dice or shred.
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, corn, beans, salsa, taco seasoning, and cream cheese. Stir until incorporated.
Fill each pepper with the chicken mixture and place them in an oven-safe skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of the peppers.
Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven (or until pepper is soft and cheese is melted).
Top with sour cream and any other desired toppings.