Squash and Pancetta PastaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
"This is no ordinary pasta salad. Baby squash (or yellow squash) and smoky Italian bacon make it a cut above the rest."
Campanelle, cavatappi or penne pasta
Category: Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
For a refreshingly light meal, team it w/ crunchy artisan bread and your favorite melon or grapes for dessert.
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Jan 17, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 1 packages - 16-0z Dried campanelle, cavatappi or penne pasta
- 6 ounces - Pancetta (1 C.); 6-8 slices of bacon can be substituted Chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds - Baby zucchini and/or pattypan squash (5 C.) Cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cups - Fresh flat-leaf parsley Chopped
- 1 tablespoons - Lemon peel Grated
- 1 tablespoons - Lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons - Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - Ground pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove pancetta, reserving drippings in skillet.
3. Add zucchini and/or pattypan (yellow)squash to reserved drippings. Cook just until golden brown in parts and tender, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add pancetta, zucchini and/or pattypan squash, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper to cooked pasta; toss gently to combine.