Spinach Lasagna RollsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Baked ham adds smoky flavor to these spinach-stuffed lasagna rolls
pasta, spinach, ham
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Mar 01, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 8 - lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons - olive oil
- 1 - medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves - garlic minced
- 10 ounces - frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeezed dry
- 3/4 cups - part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cups - grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - black pepper
- 1 - egg white lightly beaten
- 3 ounces - baked ham very thinly sliced, cut in strips
- 14 ounces - no-salt-added stewed tomatoes chopped with their juices
- 1 cans - no-salt-added tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 3 tablespoons - fresh parsley chopped
Heat a large pot of water to boiling, and cook the noodles until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach is heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and egg white until well combined.
Lay the noodles flat and spread 3 tablespoons of the spinach mixture on top of each. Arrange the ham on top of the spinach mixture and tightly roll up each noodle. Place the rolls, seam-sides down, in the prepared baking dish.
Spoon the tomatoes with their juices and the tomato sauce around the lasagna rolls, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes longer, or until the sauce is bubbly and the filling is hot. Place the lasagna rolls on 4 plates, spoon some sauce on top, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.