Spinach KugelTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A wonderfully nutritions kugel with spinach and cheese.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 60 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: lweehunt
Posted On: Jun 27, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 12 ounces - medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons - butter
- 1 - large onion chopped
- 10 ounces - chopped frozen spinach
- 4 - eggs
- 1/2 pounds - dry cottage cheese or farmer cheese
- 4 ounces - Gruyere or white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cups - milk
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - pepper
- 2 teaspoons - butter melted
- 3 tablespoons - seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch glass dish.
Boil a pot of water and cook noodles until slightly tender. Set aside. Melt butter and saute onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Cook spinach and squeeze out water.
Beat eggs. Add cottage or farmer cheese, Gruyere or cheddar cheese, milk, spinach, onions, and noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into glass dish.
Combine melted butter and bread crumbs. Spread on top of kugel.
Bake for 40 minutes or until kugel is golden brown and firm.