Spinach and Artichoke Potato CasseroleTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Two kinds of potatoes in a cheesy cream sauce with spinach and artichoke hearts.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 95 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Substitute 1/2 cup of shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, if you prefer, for the 4 ounces of fat-free cream cheese.
Posted By: mcarradmin
Posted On: Nov 14, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - red potatoes
- 1 pounds - yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups - vegetable broth or stock
- 1/2 cups - shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoons - garlic salt
- 4 ounces - Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
- 4 ounces - fat-free cream cheese
- 1 jars - marinated artichoke hearts drained, chopped, 7.5 oz.
- 1 bags - baby spinach coarsely chopped, 6 oz.
- 1/2 cups - sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 425° F and coat a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a board and slice very thinly. Place in a large bowl and set aside. Heat broth, Parmesan, garlic salt, cheeses and artichoke hearts in a medium saucepan until cheeses are melted. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Stir mixture into potatoes with green onions, mixing well to coat potatoes as evenly as possible. Spread in prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce temperature to 375° F; cook for 1 hour more or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Quick Tip: To shave an hour off the cook time, boil potatoes for 5 minutes or until tender, then drain well. Prepare as directed above then bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.