Spicy Tomato SauceTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This is a simple tomato sauce with a kick that can be used with a standalone pasta or in a variety of baked pasta dishes.
Category: Sauces and marinades
Prep Time: 5 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
You can remove the thyme from the stem and chiffonade the basil if you want to leave them in the sauce for move flavor. Also, the longer you simmer the sauce the more you will bring out the flavor.
Posted By: VTMegs24
Posted On: Apr 09, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pounds - Spicy Italian Sausage Casing removed and crumbled
- 1/4 whole - Medium onion Chopped
- 3 cloves - garlic Chopped
- 3 1/2 cups - Whole, peeled, canned tomatoes in puree (~ 1 28oz can) Roughly chopped
- 1 sprigs - Fresh thyme
- 1 sprigs - Fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons - Kosher salt
- - Black pepper Freshly ground
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until beginning to brown. Add the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes and herb sprigs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in the salt and season with pepper to taste.