Spicy Chipotle ChiliTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Smoked jalapeno peppers, known as chipotle chile peppers, are responsible for the spiciness of this dish.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 90 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mssavy
Posted On: Dec 19, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 cups - chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoons - minced garlic
- 3 cups - water
- 2 cans - 16 oz. hot chili beans undrained
- 2 cans - 14.5 oz. fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons - chili powder
- 2 - chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 2 tablespoons - adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoons - dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1 teaspoons - ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons - garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried oregano
1. In a Dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until browned. Remove meat from pan, drain, and set aside.
2. In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add reserved ground beef, water, chili beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano, stirring to combine well.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Bread can help cool off a sizzling mouth, making some cheesy breadsticks an ideal accompaniment to this fiery fare.