Spiced Chick Pea Stew with Coconut and TurmuricTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Knockout filling healthy dinner. takes a little time to out together but sooo worth it!
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 45 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Got this recipe from Bridget!
Posted By: Tekakwitha
Posted On: Sep 30, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 4 cloves - garlic chopped
- 1 - large onion chopped
- 1 pieces - garlic (2 inches) finely chopped
- dashes - salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - turmeric
- 1 teaspoons - hot red pepper flacks
- 2 cans - chick peas drain and rinse
- 2 cans - coconut milk (15 0z cans)
- 2 cups - vegetable stock
- 1 bunches - collard grns chard or kale
- 1 cups - mint leaves for serving
- - yogurt for serving
- slices - pita bread toasted
Heat oil, add onions, garlic, & ginger. stir and cook until onions are translucent and fragrant. Add turmeric, red-pepper flakes, chick peas and salt and pepper. Cook til chick peas, sizzle, and start to get crisp and brown. (8 - 10 min.)
Remove 1 cup chick peas and set aside.
Crush remaining chick peas with spoon or potato masher. Add veg stock & coconut milk and cook until flavors come together and mixture thickens, about 30- 35 min.
Add greens and cook 3 - 7 min.
Divide into bowls, top with mint, reserved chick peas, and a dollop of yogurt. Serve with toasre pita.