Southwestern ShrimpTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Shrimp with carrots, peppers, and corn steamed in a parchment packet.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Nutrition Facts Per serving: 566 kcal cal., 21 g fat (6 g sat. fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 12 g monounsatured fat), 198 mg chol., 398 mg sodium, 64 g carb., 7 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 32 g pro.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Dec 19, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - uncooked Israeli couscous
- 1 pounds - fresh or frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp (24 count), tails intact if desired
- 2 - carrots, cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 - large yellow and/or red sweet peppers, cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 cups - fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cups - red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 - green onions, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 4 cloves - garlic, minced
- 1/4 cups - olive oil
- 1/4 cups - lime juice
- 1 tablespoons - hot chili powder
- 2 tablespoons - butter, sliced into 4 slices
- 1/4 cups - fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 - lime wedges (optional)
- - Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook couscous according to manufacturer's directions. Thaw shrimp if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Tear off four 15-inch squares parchment paper. Spoon couscous on one side of each sheet of parchment paper. Layer the carrot, sweet pepper, corn, tomatoes, green onions and garlic next to the couscous. Top vegetables evenly with shrimp.
Drizzle all with olive oil and lime juice and sprinkle with chili powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a piece of butter to each.
Fold parchment over shrimp and vegetables; fold in the open sides of parchment several times to secure. Divide packets among 2 shallow baking pans.
Place pans on separate oven racks. Bake about 20 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Open carefully to check doneness, as steam will escape.
To serve, transfer packets to dinner plates. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges, if desired.