Southwest SlawTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Super-fast slaw that makes a great side dish or taco topper; full of fresh corn, peppers, and cabbage.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 6 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Quick & Easy Vegetarian Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Picnic Make-Ahead Potluck
Posted By: mssavy
Posted On: Dec 30, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1 ears - fresh corn shucked
- 1 - fresh jalapeno
- 1 packages - 10 oz. finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 - red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups - chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cups - fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons - honey
- 1 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground black pepper
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add corn and jalapeno; cook until charred on all sides, approximately 4 minutes total. Let cool slightly. Cut kernels from cob; scrape charred skin from jalapeno, and discard. Mince jalapeno.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, jalapeno, cabbage, bell pepper, and cilantro.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, cumin and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture, stirring to combine. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.