Southwest Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa DressingTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Salad made with corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, black beans and cheese is topped with a creamy homemade avocado dressing.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
If using Greek yogurt, you might need to add more sugar to taste. Turn this into a meal by adding chipotle chicken or chili lime chicken.
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: Feb 25, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 heads - romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 ears - sweet corn kernels removed
- 1 - red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cups - cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cans - 15 oz. black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cups - roasted and salted pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cups - grated pepper jack cheese or more, to taste
- - tortilla strips for salads I like Fresh Gourmet Santa Fe Style
- 1 - small avocado peeled, diced
- 1 - small jalapeno seeded, deveined, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 cloves - garlic peeled
- 1/4 cups - loosely packed cilantro
- 1/4 cups - sour cream OR plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cups - smooth salsa medium for more of a kick
- 1/4 cups - milk
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons - sugar
- - juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - cuming
- 1/8 teaspoons - pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons - smoked paprika optional
- - hot sauce to taste optional
1. Add all of the Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping the sides down as needed. Add hot sauce and additional salt and pepper to taste. Add additional milk to thin to desired consistency if needed. Chill in the refrigerator, time permitting.
2. Add salad ingredients to a large bowl (except for tortilla strips) and toss to combine.
3. Toss salad with desired amount of dressing (there will probably be some left over) or drizzle dressing over individual servings if not eating all of the salad immediately.
4. Garnish salad with tortilla strips and freshly cracked salt and pepper.