Southern Pimento Cheese,Bacon & Tomato Crustini'sTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Delicious Crunchy Crustini's covered in home made Pimento Cheese with crunchy bacon bits and fresh chopped tomatoes!
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Great on top of burgers, great as a grilled cheese with tomato and bacon..... simply delicious!
Posted By: deliciouslysavv17
Posted On: Aug 01, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 1 blocks - (8 OZ) Cracker Barrel Sharp Yellow Cheddar shredded
- 1 blocks - (8 OZ) Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White or Yellow Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 - (7 Ounce) jar of chopped Pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoons - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons - garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons - cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cups - Hellman's Mayo
- 2 - French Baguettes, good variety for exceptional taste and texture ( I like Panera Breads or Atlanta B thinly sliced (on a diagonal/biased to get fancy)
- 1 - package bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 - Roma Tomatoes chopped(optional)
Heat oven to 400 Degrees
Mix both cheeses, mayo, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and pimentos in a mixer to thoroughly incorporate.
Then put into container, sealed tightly and put into fridge for 2 hours at least, so all of the flavors can combine.
Once cheese has had a chance to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, Cut baguettes thinly and on a biased (angled).
Toast baguette slices on EACH side for 3 or 4 minutes, or until desired crunchiness.
Top each slice with Pimento Cheese mixture and sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
Put back into oven for 3 or 4 more minutes, and then top with diced tomatoes.
Serve and Enjoy!!!