Smothered Turkey WingsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Tender, savory, soul food style Turkey Wings…. Slow cooked in a crock pot with onions, peppers, and gravy. Succulent, hearty, and delicious. The perfect dish for a brisk winter evening
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 210 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
If you want your wings falling off the bones, allow them to cook for 4 hours.
Posted By: JRC-Wellness
Posted On: Nov 21, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 cups - Green Peppers Chopped
- 2 tablespoons - Butter
- 4 tablespoons - All-Purpose Flour
- 10 ounces - Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cups - Turkey Broth
- 2 teaspoons - Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoons - Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoons - Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - Ground Sage
- 1/2 teaspoons - Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons - Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons - Black Pepper
- 2 pounds - Turkey Wings
- 1 cups - Onions Chopped
1. Preheat crock pot. Turn on High heat and cover with lid.
2. Season turkey wings and massage seasonings in well.
3. Place a skillet over medium-high heat (7) and add butter.
4. Once melted, add seasoned turkey wings to skillet and sear on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, then sit in crock pot
5. Add your onions and peppers to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes, then add to crock pot with turkey wings.
6. Combine Turkey broth, cream of chicken, and flour then stir in well to create a slurry.
7. Poor the slurry into the crock pot over the turkey wings, cover with lid, and allow them to cook for 3-1/2 to 4 hrs until done.