Smoked Salmon RillettesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A rich spread served with toasted croutons of French bread; refrigerate at least 3 hours, up to 2 days, before serving.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: swilliamson
Posted On: Mar 08, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - smoked salmon such as Norwegian or Scottish
- 1/3 cups - finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons - vodka
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons - freshly ground black pepper
- 3 dashes - cayenne pepper or more, to taste
- 3/4 cups - heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons - unsalted butter melted and cooled to tepid
- 2 tablespoons - rinsed and drained tiny (nonpareil) capers
In a food processor, combine 3/4 of the smoked salmon with the onion, vodka, lemon juice, black pepper and cayenne. Puree, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, until the salmon and onion are minced.
With the machine on, slowly add the cream through the feed tube; scrape down the bowl. Gradually add the melted butter. Turn the mixture into a medium bowl.
Finely diced the remaining 1/4 of salmon; fold the diced salmon and capers into the puree. Pack into crocks or a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days before serving.