Slow Cooker Stroganoff Style Beef StewTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Beef chuck and cremini mushrooms in a white wine Worcestershire sauce, served over egg noodles.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 480 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: marcellina
Posted On: Jun 29, 2019
Number of Servings:
- 3/4 cups - dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons - Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons - Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves - garlic thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs - fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds - beef chuck trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons - flour
- 2 packages - 10 oz. small cremini mushrooms1 quartered
- 8 ounces - egg noodles
- - salt and pepper
- 1/2 cups - sour cream optional, for serving
- - chopped parsley optional, for serving
In a slow cooker (5 to 6 quarts), whisk together wine, mustard and Worcestershire; stir in garlic and thyme.
Toss beef with flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add to slow cooker, then scatter mushrooms on top. Cook, covered, until beef is very tender (either 4 to 5 hours on High heat OR 7 to 8 hours on Low heat).
Twenty minutes before serving, cook noodles according to package directions.
Discard thyme from slow cooker. Toss beef with mushrooms and serve with any juices over the noodles; dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.