Slow Cooker Pot Roast with GravyTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Savory pot roast with gravy made in the crockpot or slow cooker; gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, AIP friendly.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 240 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Crockpot Paleo AIP (Auto-Immune) Whole30
Depending on which stage of AIP you are in, you may not be able to eat the gravy.
Posted By: jkandsf2d
Posted On: Oct 26, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 tablespoons - onion powder
- 2 teaspoons - dried sage
- 2 teaspoons - dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1 teaspoons - garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons - dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoons - apple cider vinegar
- 1 cups - gluten-free beef broth
- 2 pounds - to 3 pounds beef pot roast
- - carrots, celery, potatoes or sweet potatoes if AIP, use only sweet potatoes
- - liquid from cooked pot roast
- 1 tablespoons - cornstarch (OR 2 Tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot for Paleo or Whole30)
- 1 tablespoons - gluten-free flour omit for Paleo and Whole30
To Make the Pot Roast:
Add olive oil to slow-cooker; salt the beef roast and add to slow-cooker.
Top with chopped carrots, chopped celery and peeled and chopped sweet potatoes/white potatoes.
In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings and apple cider vinegar with the beef broth and stir. Pour beef broth mixture over the vegetables and meat.
Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and meat are tender.
To Make the Gravy:
Carefully pour the liquid from the slow-cooker into a small pan; add the cornstarch and gluten-free flour to the liquid, whisking over medium heat until fully combined.
Bring to a slight boil, whisking and stirring until thickened. Pour over pot roast to serve.