Sliced Tomatoes with Cucumber SauceTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Fresh sliced tomatoes drizzled with homemade cucumber sauce and served chilled.
Prep Time: 45 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 06, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 cups - tomato slices
- - juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons - cold water
- 2 - medium seedless cucumbers peeled, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoons - Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoons - chopped fresh basil OR 1/8 tsp dried basil OR dill
- 1 tablespoons - fresh parsley
- 1 cloves - garlic mashed
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - watercress for garnish
- 1 tablespoons - capers for garnish
Arrange tomato slices on oval plate overlapping slightly; chill in refrigerator.
For sauce, put lemon juice and water into blender; add cucumber pieces, mustard, basil and parsley. Puree until cucumber turns into thick sauce. Add garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate 30 minutes. Spoon over tomato slices and garnish with watercress and capers when ready to serve.