Simple Chicken CurryTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
An easy, delicious weeknight dinner with just a few healthy ingredients.
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 45 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Mar 22, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - coconut oil or other cooking oil
- 8 - chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 - large onion cut into large chunks
- 3 - small zucchini halved, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoons - garlic minced
- 1 tablespoons - curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoons - paprika
- 2 teaspoons - real salt
- 2 cans - coconut milk (15 oz. each)
- 1 cups - tomatoes
- - cilantro optional, for garnish
Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over high heat. Add chicken thighs and cook until chicken pieces are browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside, leaving remaining oil in the pot.
Add onion and zucchini pieces and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, and salt and saute for about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken thighs back into the pot, along with the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
Place lid on pot to cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add tomatoes to the pot during last 5 minutes of cooking.
Serve in a bowl with the coconut broth (like a soup), and top with cilantro, if desired.