Shrimp Escabeche with Blood Orange MojoTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Cold shrimp dip served with chips.
Prep Time: 150 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Can be made 8 hours ahead; keep refrigerated.
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Jan 03, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - freshly squeezed blood orange juice or other orange juice
- 1 cups - fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves - garlic (large) minced, divided
- - pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds - cooked deveined peeled shrimp cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups - chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups - chopped celery
- 1 cups - chopped red onion
- 1/2 cups - chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cups - olive oil
- - additional olive oil optional, for drizzling to serve
- - lemon wedges for serving
- - tortilla chips or pita chips for serving with
Combine orange juice, lemon juice and 2 minced garlic cloves in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pinch of salt, and boil until orange juice mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool. Mix in crushed red pepper.
Mix shrimp, bell pepper, celery, red onion, cilantro and 1/4 cup olive oil in bowl. Toss with orange juice mixture and remaining minced garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
Arrange escabeche in shallow bowl. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Serve with chips.