Shelby's ChiliTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Chili recipe made by Chef Shelby Schafer at Fort Worth's Kimbell Art Museum.
sirloin tips or ground beef
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 120 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Nov 27, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - canola oil
- 3 1/2 pounds - lean sirloin tips or ground beef
- 2 cups - chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons - minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons - dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons - ground cumin
- 1/4 cups - chile powder, such as ancho or chipotle to taste
- 1 cans - 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cans - 14.5 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cups - beef stock
- - salt
- - sour cream, grated cheese, chopped cilantro optional, for garnish
Heat oil in large stockpot. Brown meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
Stir in onions, garlic, oregano, cumin and chile powder. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 1-1/2 hours. If mixture becomes too dry, add more stock or water; season to taste with salt.
At this point, skim off any fat or refrigerate overnight (giving flavors time to meld), and discard any hardened fat before reheating. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish as desired.
Serve with crackers, chips or cornbread on the side.