Seven-Layer Southwestern SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Fresh vegetables, black beans and a zesty salad dressing are united in a layered salad with lots of zip.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
For a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken can be added between the bell pepper and lettuce layers, if desired. This salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 18, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - sour cream
- 3/4 cups - thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cans - black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 - large green bell pepper diced
- 2 - medium tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1/2 cups - green onions with tops thinly sliced
- 10 cups - iceberg lettuce salad mix
- 1 cups - cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups - corn chips optional
1. In small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans. Dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl.
3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top and spread evenly. Grate cheese over top. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.