Scandinavian Steak and PotatoesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Flat iron steak seasoned with Scandinavian Lemon Spice mix and served with tiny new potatoes; for extra flavor, char the lemons.
flat iron steak
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 40 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
If desired, char the lemon; in step 2 add the halved lemon to the baking pan, cut side down, with the potatoes. Roast as directed with the potatoes.
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Sep 13, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - pearl onions
- 1 pounds - red and/or white whole tiny new potatoes halved (2-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 3 tablespoons - Scandinavian lemon spice mix
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1 1/2 pounds - beef flat iron steak
- 3/4 cups - dry white wine or water
- 5 tablespoons - butter cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoons - snipped fresh parsley
- - prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoons - finely shredded lemon peel
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium saucepan bring 3 cups water to boiling. Add onions; boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Slice off root ends; slip off and discard skins. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine potatoes, oil, 1 tablespoon of the spice mix, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Toss to mix. Spread cut side down in a a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add onions to baking pan with potatoes. Roast for 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and browned. Remove from heat. Cover with foil and keep warm.
3. Preheat broiler. Rub steak with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining spice mix. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil steak 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness). Transfer steak to a cutting board; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Carefully add wine to hot broiler pan, scraping up browned bits. Transfer sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to boiling and boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until liquid reduces to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time. Whisk in any juices on cutting board from steak.
5. Slice steak and arrange on plates with potatoes and onions. Pour on sauce and top with parsley, horseradish and lemon peel.