Savory BiscuitsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
These biscuits with layers of butter inside just flake apart.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Sep 11, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 sticks - Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups - Self-rising Flour
- 3/4 cups - Buttermilk
- 3/4 cups - Hoop or Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut butter into 2 cups flour. While stirring, add buttermilk until mixture sticks together.
3. Fold cheese into mixture and add pepper. If dough is dry, add more buttermilk.
4. Scatter remaining flour on a clean surface. Knead dough lightly on floured surface, incorporating about half the flour, or as much as needed until dough holds together.
5. Roll dough flat, to 1-inch thickness, with a rolling pin, fold in half, then roll out again. Repeat 6-8 times.
6. Cut biscuits using a cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.