Sausage and SauerkrautTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Skillet-fried potatoes and onion cooked with sausage and sauerkraut for a quick, delicious meal.
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
1 serving (1-1/2 cups): 611 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 2119 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Mar 23, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 4 - medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons - canola oil
- 1 - small onion halved and sliced or diced
- 1/4 cups - cooked, shredded bacon pieces optional
- 1 pounds - smoked sausage cut into 1/4-inch diagonal pieces
- 1 containers - (16 ounces) sauerkraut rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoons - pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons - salt
In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion (and bacon pieces, if using), and saute for 3-4 minutes more or until onion is tender.
Stir in the sausage, sauerkraut, pepper and salt.
Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.