Rosa de JamaicaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Iced fruit drink made with hibiscus flowers and allspice berries.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 22, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 quarts - water
- 1 cups - sugar
- 1 cups - dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 - cinnamon stick
- - few thin slices of ginger
- - allspice berries
- - lime juice
- - lime slices for garnish
1. Boil water with sugar and spices:
Put 4 cups of the water and the sugar in a medium saucepan. Add cinnamon, ginger slices, and a few allspice berries. Heat until boiling and the sugar has dissolved.
2. Steep with dried hibiscus flowers:
Remove from heat. Stir in the dried hibiscus flowers. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
Strain into a pitcher and discard the used hibiscus flowers, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice berries.
4. Add water:
Add remaining 4 cups of water to the concentrate, and chill.
5. Add a little lime juice for a more punch-like flavor.
6. Serve over ice with a slice of lime.