Robbie's Summer Corn SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Summer corn salad with fresh corn, tomatoes, mozzarella, herbs and a glorious dressing; a favorite recipe from friend, Robbie.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
This is a favorite recipe of friend Robbie Adkins.
Posted By: CookingwiththeCalancas
Posted On: Mar 29, 2023
Number of Servings:
- 4 ears - fresh corn on the cob, cleaned and washed
- 10 1/2 ounces - packaged grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces - fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite size pieces
- 10 leaves - basil, cut chiffonade (roll leaves and slice thinly)
- 1/4 cups - fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cups - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves - garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - fresh ground black pepper
1. Cut corn off the cob and place it into a medium mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil, and set aside.
2. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a pint size canning jar. Shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
3. Serve and enjoy!
If you are traveling with this salad or making ahead, prep the salad and the dressing and wait to pour the dressing over salad until ready to serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can cook the corn, if you prefer; I really enjoy the fresh taste of it uncooked in this salad. The acid in the lemon juice mellows out the starchiness of the corn and creates a fabulous flavor.