Roasted Parsnips with Spicy Honey ButterTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
No need to peel parsnips
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Dec 23, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - parsnips, peeled (or not! see notes above), cut into 3? lengths, halved, or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- - Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons - crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste) or 2 chiled de arbol, crushed
- 2 tablespoons - unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons - apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons - honey or maple syrup
- - flaky sea salt for finishing
1. Preheat oven to 400. Toss parsnips and oil on a rimmed baking sheet (parchment lined for easy clean up). Season with salt and pepper. (for every pound of parsnips I use 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Parsnips can handle it). Roast parsnips for 20 minutes. Flip and roast for another 10 minutes or until the parsnips are deeply golden in spots.
2. Meanwhile, heat chiles de arbol or crushed red pepper flakes, butter, vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
3. Drizzle chile-honey butter over parsnips and toss to coat.
4. Transfer to a serving platter. Season with sea salt. Taste. Add more sea salt as necessary.