Roasted Kale and Brussels Sprouts with Dates and PecansTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Can use any vegetable. I didn't have brussels so used broccoli.
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Dec 25, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 - pound Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 6 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 - bunch kale, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 - tablespoon Dijon or walnut mustard
- 1 - tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 16 - pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 - cup pecans, dry roasted for 2 minutes
- 3 tablespoons - chives, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350.
Place the Brussels sprouts onto a large rimmed sheet pan or into a large shallow baking dish. Drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and 5–6 grinds of pepper. Place in the center of the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the kale. Roast 8 more minutes.
In a large salad bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and remaining olive oil to form an emulsion. Add all the roasted vegetables, dates, pecans and chives and toss well together. Correct seasonings and serve warm.