Roasted Chicken and Peppers with SpinachTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Roasted chicken with peppers and spinach make a quick and easy dinner.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Jan 30, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 1 - red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 - yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 - orange bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cloves - garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - pepper
- 4 - small chicken legs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 4 cups - baby spinach
- 2 ounces - crumbled feta cheese
In a large bowl, toss diced peppers with sliced garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
Rub the chicken legs with 1 tablespoon oil and season with a sprinkling of fennel seed and orange zest or your favorite Mediterranean seasoning blend.
Spread peppers mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet and nestle chicken pieces among the vegetables on the sheet; roast at 425 degrees F until chicken is golden brown and cooked through and peppers are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Transfer chicken to plates, scatter baby spinach over the peppers remaining on baking sheet and toss until just beginning to wilt. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and serve with chicken.